Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Years! - I have questions

Happy New Years everyone! Here's to 2011 being the best year yet. :)

As you know I am getting ready for a new project. I want to make an indoor hydroponic herb garden. I'm thinking of making it a NFT (Nutrient Film Technique) type system. My main reason is I want to design a new NFT system because I think it will be a lot of fun. The second reason is from what I've read it is an excellent system for growing herbs.

My major worry is unlike most systems NFT systems are prone to catastrophic failure in the event of a power outage. Maybe I can design some type of a back-up system just for such an event. Living in N.W. Ohio we have had power outages before but fortunately not very often.

My questions are, what are you thoughts about NFT systems? Have you used one? If so, do you have any advice for me? Also I would like to hear suggestions on what herbs you think I should grow and why.

Thanks for checking in and see you next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment