Friday, July 16, 2010

How to make a Top Drip Bucket Hydroponic System


This video contains instructions for building your own Top Drip Bucket Hydroponic System using a 5 Gallon Bucket, a Mesh Pot Bucket Lid, and the GH Farm Kit. This kit was intended to be used for the General Hydroponics Water Farm System. I knew with a little modification I could build my own system and save a few dollars.
The Pumping Column is an "Air Lift Pump". It uses air bubbles instead of an electric water pump to supply the hydroponic nutrient to the plant.
I recommend you buy the 10" lid. As you see in the video the 8" will work also with a very easy modification. I'm using this system to have my own home grown heirloom tomatoes.
Here is the list
Bucket Boss 10002 5-Gallon Bucket
10" Round Mesh Pot
8" Round Mesh Pot
General Hydroponics Farm Kit
General Hydroponics Flora Kit 1 Pint each
Hydroton 10 Liter Bag
Elite 800 Air Pump - Elite A800

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this, once again. I am a long time fan of this site and I want to encourage you to keep it up. Even if there are fewer comments than deserved, I know your work was a great resource during my initial research. I am still currently toying with my own hydroponics system, and hope to one day perfect it, and to share my passion as you do.

Thank you again, take care.

~John

sheryll lynne said...

how much was the supplies to build this ?

Anonymous said...

How much do you think all of these Necessities to make this would costs? Basically if I were to go to the Hardware dept to pick these things up, could I get everything in one trip and is the cost Cheap? Also where could I get Hydroponic Nutrients. Is that also available in a Hardware or Home Improvement Store? Please get back to me - Blake

Post a Comment